PRIMARY COURSE IN STEEL DETAILING
TARGET AUDIENCE :
This course is designed for engineering graduates straight out of college who are eager to add a professional training under their belt or in pursuit of building a career in Structural Steel Detailing. Working professionals without any prior knowledge on Steel Detailing, who are looking to switch over and build a career in Structural Steel Detailing can too avail this training.
This course covers the fundamentals of Structural Steel Detailing and helps young aspirers get equipped with the required knowledge and concepts to embrace and succeed in their pursuit of a bright and a challenging career in Steel Detailing. It also helps them in preparing for interviews or selections by giving them an edge over others.
Trainee employees of a detailing company can also sign up for this training as they get to learn and assimilate the detailing concepts and knowledge in an organized and structured approach, covering the broader scope of detailing not limited to their current role, and enables them shape up for a faster growth and a successful career.
Fundamentals of Steel Detailing
TOPICS COVERED :
- Introduction to Structural Steel Detailing
- Structural Steel Shapes, Grades and their applicability
- Types of Bolts, Grades and their applicability.
- Weld types and their applicability.
- Connection Types: Bolted and Welded connections. Shop and Field Connections.
- Steel Member Connections (Main and sub-types) for : Shear connections, Moment connections, Base Plate connections, Splice connections, Bracing connection etc.,
- Erection Aids and Erection Feasibility
- Drawing views
- Erection Drawings - Plans, Elevations, Sections and Details.
- Assembly Drawings - Front View, Top View, End Views, Sectional views and Details.
- Dimensioning requirements
- Units of measurement - Imperial and Metric
- OSHA general requirements
- Best Detailing Practices
- Introduction to Drawings - Drawing sizes, Drawing formats, Type of Drawings - Anchor Bolt Drawings Erection Drawings, Shop Assembly Drawings (Single Assembly / Multi Assembly Drawings), Single Part Drawings and Gather Sheets
- Assembly Marks, Single Part Marks, General Notes in Assembly and Erection Drawings, Bill of Materials, Special Notes in Drawings.
- Drawing Map - Title Blocks, Revision Blocks and BOM.
- Introduction to Structural Steel Detailing methodologies and Techniques
- Inputs and interpretation of Structural and Architectural Drawings.
- Drawing study and initial set of RFIs.
- Raising TQs / handling of RFIs.
- Softwares commonly used
- Drawing generation and Reports - ABM / AML, Shop and Field Bolt Lists, Assembly List etc.,
- Technical reviews and Quality Checks - process requirements.
- Type of submissions - IFA, IFRA and IFC
- Incorporating revisions
- Master Drawing Log, Hold List etc.,
- Importance of error free drawings / consequences of errors in drawings